Cellulite is a common skin condition that causes a dimpled “orange peel” appearance.
It occurs in both men and women, although it is more common in women. It most commonly occurs in the thighs, abdomen and buttocks. There is no one definitive cause of cellulite, but genetics, hormonal factors and lifestyle factors may have a role.
The puckering and unevenness of the skin visible in cellulite occurs when fat cells pushes upwards against the connective tissues.
Cellulite can be classified using the Nürnberger-Müller cellulite scale into 4 stages. Your doctor may perform a pinch test to determine your stage of Cellulite.
- Stage Zero is when no dimpling or orange peel is seen on the skin when you are standing.
- Stage One is when no dimpling is seen on the skin when you are standing, but when you pinch your skin you have bumps and lumps.
- Stage Two is when you can see dimpling or orange peel appearance when standing, but not when you lie down.
- Stage Three is when you can see dimpling both when you are standing and lying down.
Non-invasive Clinical Treatments for cellulite includes:
- Body FX™ – uses radiofrequency and ultra-pulses
- TriLipo™ – uses radiofrequency and Dynamic Muscle Activation
- Indiba™ – use monopolar radiofrequency
Cellulite reduction treatments are safe, non-invasive and suitable for all skin types and does not interfere with your daily routine.