Complaints of being “fat” normally present in two ways :
1) Localised areas of stubborn fat
Many of us are bothered by areas of unsightly bulging fat that is resistant to dieting and exercise. This has a genetic link. Females tend to have fat deposits in areas like the abdomen, thighs and buttocks. Males typically have fat depositions in the abdomen and flanks (love handles).
Fortunately, non-surgical clinically proven treatments are now available to tackle stubborn fat areas:
- Zeltiq CoolSculpting™ – uses cooling technology for fat destruction
- Body FX™ – uses radiofrequency and ultra-pulses for fat destruction and skin tightening
- TriLipo™ – uses radiofrequency and Dynamic Muscle Activation for fat reduction and skin tightening.
- Indiba™ – use monopolar radiofrequency for fat reduction and skin tightening
*The doctor will assess and advise on the treatment most suitable for each individual.
There are various factors that can contribute to being overweight (defined as a BMI > 23 for Asians).
An unhealthy lifestyle is likely the most common reason. Given the demands of modern life and unhealthy dietary habits, it is no wonder that a significant and growing portion of the population is becoming overweight and obese. Many cite the “lack of time” as a reason for not exercising while indulging in prepared foods that are commonly laden with fat, and lacking in complete nutrients.
There is also a genetic component in some overweight individuals who find it particularly difficult to shed weight despite dieting and exercising. Lastly, medical conditions like hypothyroidism and certain medications can cause weight problems. Your doctor will be able to assess and diagnose the cause/s of your weight issues, and institute the appropriate treatment for you.
We offer a holistic approach for weight and fat reduction.
- Assessment and diagnosis of cause of weight issue.
- Dietary and lifestyle counselling
- Weight loss prescription medications and alternatives
- Non-Invasive fat reduction treatments for removal of localised areas of fat.
Zeltiq CoolSculpting and Radiofrequency technologies (e.g. BodyFx, Trilipo) are tools commonly used for removal of localized fat deposits and for body contouring.