For self-amusement, do you flick that pendulum under your chin and time how long that sagging wattle takes to stop swaying?
So gravity has won the battle and now your cheeks are hanging over your jaw line. One of the most obvious signs of aging is sagging, crinkly skin due to the loss of collagen. While plastic surgery may be considered to get rid of the excess skin, a revolutionary non-invasive method can be used to stimulate collagen production thereby tightening and smoothening out the skin’s surface.
Indiba is a non-invasive treatment which involves the delivery of its patented 448 kHz monopolar radiofrequency energy deep into the skin’s dermis and sub-dermal layer without damaging the external layer of skin.
This energy heats up the collagen and the layer of skin that produces collagen. One characteristic of collagen is that when heated, it tightens; hence skin appears firmer and younger. And when the layer that produces collagen gets heated repeatedly over time, it will be stimulated to produce more collagen.
Indiba Therapy produces outcomes such as:
- Skin tightening: Initially, this is achieved via immediate contraction of collagen fibres. With repeated treatments, results continue to improve over several months as regeneration of new collagen takes place.
- Skin rejuvenation: As a result of new collagen regeneration, improvements to wrinkles, scars, pore size, and stretch marks are seen.
- Fat reduction: At higher energies, radiofrequency can be used to heat up the fat layer and to shrink fat cells. This application is useful for sculpting of the face and body.
- What does Indiba Therapy involve?
A treatment head, which delivers the radio-frequency energy, is gently applied to the area to be treated. Commonly, most patients report a sensation of warmth during the treatment. The process takes 45 minutes, and is relatively comfortable so analgesia is not required.
- What is the recovery time?
There is typically little or no down time. Patients are able to return to their normal activities immediately after treatment. Some may experience a mild redness, but that usually subsides quickly.
- What happens after the procedure?
Some may see results immediately after one session, while other may require several treatments. Typically, patients notice that the face is lifted and feels firmer. Lines become less obvious and the skin glows. Maximal result is seen over a course of several months as the collagen remodels. Several sessions are recommended for optimal results.
- Are there any side effects?
There are usually no side effects. The doctor will advise you in detail during consultation.
- Can anyone be treated with Indiba Therapy?
Indiba Therapy is non-invasive and very safe. However, it is not recommended for pregnant women.