With age and sun damage, the thin skin of the neck can often be show signs of ageing sooner than other parts of the body. The most common signs of an ageing neck include crepey and sagging skin and deep horizontal neck lines. These changes are mainly attributed to the loss of elastin and collagen fibres in the skin from ageing and cumulative sun exposure. In the ageing neck, vertical platysmal muscle bands (also known as “turkey neck” ) commonly develops. This is thought to be due to hyperactivity of the platysmal muscles. The increased activity of the platysmal muscle has a downward pulling effect contributing to the sagginess of the neck and jawline.
Neck Rejuvenation Treatment Options
1)Botox: microinjections of botox to improve the turkey and to lift the sagging jawline and neck
2)Fractora: uses fractional radiofrequency to firm up sagging skin and treat horizontal neck lines
3)Profhilo: hydrates and collagen boosting treatment to rejuvenate and lift the sagging neck
4)Skin Boosters: involves microinjection of hyaluronic acid to hydrate and rejuvenate the neck
5)Ultherapy: uses ultrasound technology to tighten and lift the sagging neck
6)Tripolar: uses radiofrequency technology to tighten the sagging skin the neck
Ageing sigs of the eyes include dark rings, sunken undereyes, eyebags, wrinkles and droopy eyelids. Fortunately there are multiple non-surgical treatments available for rejuvenating the ageing eye:
1) Botox: involves microinjection of Botox to improve wrinkles (crow’s feet) and improve droopy eyebrows and lids.
2) Fillers: involves filler injections to treat and improver tear trough, dark rings and sunken undereye.
3) Rejuran: uses salmon DNA-fragments to boost collagen and improve wrinkles and dark rings Having the thinnest skin on your face, It is no suprise the skin area around the eyes is one of the first places to show the signs of ageing.
4) eCo2 laser: a fractional laser to tighten loose skin and improve wrinkles
5) Ultherapy: uses FDA-approved ultrasound technology for non-surgical eye lift and skin tightening
Wrinkles & Skin Folds
As skin ages, it starts to lose its firmness and begins to sag due to the loss of elastin and collagen.
There are basically 2 types of wrinkles. Dynamic wrinkles are lines that form only during an expression (facial muscle movement).For instance, crow’s feet that appear only when laughing. Other common sites for dynamic wrinkles include forehead wrinkles, frown lines and lines under the eyes.
- Dynamic wrinkles are due to hyperactivity of the underlying facial muscles. Other common sites for dynamic wrinkles include forehead wrinkles, frown lines and lines under the eyes. This group of wrinkles are easily eradicated with tiny Botox injections. This kind of wrinkles are best treated with Botox.
- The second group of wrinkles are known as static lines and are due to aging and loss of underlying collagen. Due to the different degree of underlying support of various regions of the skin on the face, skin sagging tends to be more apparent in certain areas, forming unsightly deep skin folds such as nasolabial folds (laughter lines), marionette line, neck lines or sagging jowls.
To smoothen out the static lines and wrinkles, one or more of the following treatment options may be recommended depending on severity of the skin’s creases:
- Fillers: directly fills and plump up the folds and lines
- Ultherapy: uses ultrasound based energy to firm and lift skin
- Sublime: uses radiofrequency and infra-red energy to stimulate collagen regeneration
- Indiba or Tripollar: stimulates skin collagen regeneration and tighten skin with radiofrequency
Full and reddish-pink lips, especially in women, are generally considered attractive and youthful. However with age, the lips loses volume due to the loss of collagen, and it becomes thin.
Volume of the lips can be easily restored with fillers, which immediately restores youthfulness and plumpness to the lips. The doctor will recommend the type of filler best suited for you.
Thinking of removing your tattoos?
- Both amateur and professional tattoos can be effectively and safely treated
- Spectra is a FDA approved laser that targets and breaks up the inks of a tattoo into tiny fragments, and this allows the body to naturally dispose of the tiny ink particles
Spider Veins & Rosacea
Telangiectasia (also commonly known as broken veins and spider veins) refers to unsightly dilated small blood vessels on the surface of the skin.
This condition is commonly seen on the face, sides of the nostril, and legs. Telangiectasia can be caused by various reasons including aging, sun damage and long term steroid use
Rosacea is a benign skin condition whose symptoms include persistent redness that resembles a sunburn, red bumps with or without stinging sensation of the skin. Many sufferers find the persistent redness bothersome and unsightly.
Cosjet laser (long pulse Nd-yag laser) is effective for treating the persistent redness of rosacea, as well as for removing unsightly small blood vessels on the skin.
Scars arise from a dermal injury commonly from acne, cuts or burns and may occur in various forms.
Raised scars or keloids can be effectively treated with cortisone injection and/or special plasters. Intense Pulse Light therapy and lasers can be used to improve the colour of the scar (if reddish/pinkish in colour).
Depressed scars can be improved with:
- Fillers to fill up the distensible depressions.
- Fractional CO2 lasers – improve scars by increasing collagen regeneration, resulting in dramatic improvements and flattening out of depressed scars.
- Fractora – advanced fractional radiofrequency treatment that treats both the outer and deeper layers of skin
- Sublative – new class of technology that is safer for those with darker complexion as lower risk of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
Hair loss can affect both men and women, and the pattern and treatment of hair loss may differ.
Types of Hair Loss
Androgenetic alopecia (commonly known as male pattern baldness) is the commonest cause of hair loss in both men and women. It is an inherited condition and is related to the male hormone testosterone. Other less common forms can be due to acute stress or illnesses, scalp diseases, constant pulling of the hair and certain medications.
Alopecia may first present as patchy hair loss, diffuse hair thinning, or excessive hair loss in the sink after a wash. Some hair loss is normal as part of the natural hair cycle, but hair loss in excess of about 100 strands per day may be indicative of alopecia. Generally the earlier alopecia is treated, the better the outcome will be.
Depending on the severity of hair loss, one or more of treatments may be instituted:
- Low level energy laser therapy (LLLT)
Low-level laser therapy (LLLT) refers to the use of a gentle red-beam or near-infrared lasers. Lasers used in LLLT are mild and nonthermal. It is believed to penetrate deeply into the tissue where it exerts a photobiostimulation effect, increasing blood circulation and stimulating hair growth.
- Prescription medications
This consists primarily of minoxidil and Propecia®.
- Medical grade hair care products for home use to create a conducive environment for hair regrowth.
Our hair regrowth programs strive to differentiate ourselves in several ways :
- Adopting a multiple-pronged, systematic and scientific approach for optimal results
- Require minimal number of visits to the clinic for treatment
- Incorporates a FDA approved hair regrowth laser in our hair programs
- Cost effectiveness.
Complaints of being “fat” normally present in two ways :
1) Localised areas of stubborn fat
Many of us are bothered by areas of unsightly bulging fat that is resistant to dieting and exercise. This has a genetic link. Females tend to have fat deposits in areas like the abdomen, thighs and buttocks. Males typically have fat depositions in the abdomen and flanks (love handles).
Fortunately, non-surgical clinically proven treatments are now available to tackle stubborn fat areas:
- Zeltiq CoolSculpting™ – uses cooling technology for fat destruction
- Body FX™ – uses radiofrequency and ultra-pulses for fat destruction and skin tightening
- TriLipo™ – uses radiofrequency and Dynamic Muscle Activation for fat reduction and skin tightening.
- Indiba™ – use monopolar radiofrequency for fat reduction and skin tightening
*The doctor will assess and advise on the treatment most suitable for each individual.
There are various factors that can contribute to being overweight (defined as a BMI > 23 for Asians).
An unhealthy lifestyle is likely the most common reason. Given the demands of modern life and unhealthy dietary habits, it is no wonder that a significant and growing portion of the population is becoming overweight and obese. Many cite the “lack of time” as a reason for not exercising while indulging in prepared foods that are commonly laden with fat, and lacking in complete nutrients.
There is also a genetic component in some overweight individuals who find it particularly difficult to shed weight despite dieting and exercising. Lastly, medical conditions like hypothyroidism and certain medications can cause weight problems. Your doctor will be able to assess and diagnose the cause/s of your weight issues, and institute the appropriate treatment for you.
We offer a holistic approach for weight and fat reduction.
- Assessment and diagnosis of cause of weight issue.
- Dietary and lifestyle counselling
- Weight loss prescription medications and alternatives
- Non-Invasive fat reduction treatments for removal of localised areas of fat.
Zeltiq CoolSculpting and Radiofrequency technologies (e.g. BodyFx, Trilipo) are tools commonly used for removal of localized fat deposits and for body contouring.